Down To Earth Schools
Down To Earth Schools (a division of Down To Earth Events) has been created to assist schools in the following:
- introducing reusable and/or compostable packaging to the school's canteen;
- appropriate bin systems to collect the waste;
- procedures to avoid waste contamination;
- the correct removal and composting of the waste once collected;
- various other tested systems to ensure that it is a streamlined process that can be implemented in your school.
We can assist schools in saving up to 90% of waste that would normally go to landfill.
On Offer (Earlybird rates):
$100 Assembly Talk;
$50 Student/staff presentation;
$50 p.h. Ongoing consultation;
$50 Downloadable bin signage and workbook.
Our goal is:
- To raise awareness of the effect of litter and waste on the local environment and wider community by implementing a Zero Waste Heroes Guide in all schools that meet our criteria. Upon completion, this is followed up with a Down To Earth Schools' Certification;
- To increase student and teacher knowledge and practical skills in the prevention of waste creation as well as managing waste once it has accumulated;
- To improve students’ behaviour in the prevention of waste creation as well as managing waste once it has accumulated;
- To improve the schools’ waste management systems so that up to 90% of waste is diverted from landfill bins in schoolyards.
We offer an assembly talk, separate student/staff presentation, workbook and bin signage as well as ongoing consultation and Down To Earth Schools' certification.
Find out more and download the files here.
For more info get in touch with Jonathan on 0447 128 148 or firstname.lastname@example.org